Warper (Night Shift)
Abraham Moon & Sons are looking for an experienced and organised Warper. Working on the Pro-Warper Multi Matic, Karl Mayer Gom 16/24.
This is an exciting time to join us as we continue to grow and look to achieve our ambitious Company plans, during our highest period of growth to date.
More importantly, we offer the opportunity to provide a career path where we provide learning through in house training and apprenticeships giving you progression to grow and achieve your full potential.
- Manage and maintain to the highest standards a clean and safe environment under the guidelines from the Cloth Production Manager and the company H&S guidelines.
- To work as part of the production team and have a flexible approach to working life.
- Information regarding each job is put into the computer by the supervisor/ warper. Able to understand and set the proper settings and adjustments on the equipment.
- Creeler responsible for loading and unloading creel. Able to properly thread creel. Able to identify and repair broken ends. Able to adjust proper tension, according to layouts.
- Able to read and respond to warping instructions. Responsible for entry of all jobs in logbook.
- To monitor spare parts stock levels and report back to the cloth production manager any requirement. Recording parts that have been fitted during your shift period and the current stock level.
- To maintain all safety aspects of the i.e., all control buttons, safety guards.
- To ensure the general maintenance of the warping machines in response to breakdowns are in line with the preventative maintenance program.
- Ensuring all ends are in the correct position before starting the job off.
- Add in lease line when necessary.
- When the warp is complete, be able to beam off the warp onto the beam. Be able to remove warped beams of yarn using Genkinger.
- Effectively communicate any quality concerns to the warping.
- Train other employees on new/revised procedures when required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Confidence to implement change and develop/improve the department.
- To ensure that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained within the warping areas.
- To assist in the maintenance of a safe working environment through the strict adherence to company health and safety rules and procedures.
- Ensuring that all Personal Protective Equipment as issued is used.
- Cover for the cloth production manager in his absence.
- The ability to work on your own or as part of a team
- A good eye for detail.
- IT experience.
- Good basic maths.
- A positive attitude.
Working at Moon
We are an international brand with a long-standing reputation for innovation, design and premium quality, producing authentic wool fabrics and accessories for leading fashion brands and interior designers worldwide.
As one of the select few in the UK who can perform all processes at a single site, we boast remarkable versatility and the ability to control each process to meet our exacting standards. Each of these processes requires incredible expertise and finesse, which is where our fantastic, diverse team come into play who champion a culture that encourages leadership, creativity, innovation, and learning, interacting as one team, irrespective of position or level.
Even after almost two centuries in business, we remain incredibly ambitious with big plans for growth and expansion. End-to-end technology integration, growing new routes to market, and increasing brand awareness are just some of the exciting new projects in the pipeline, with plenty more to come.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to our careers team using the button below. If you have any further questions, please contact our HR team at email@example.com.