Mending & Fringing Supervisor
Abraham Moon & Sons are looking for an experienced Mending & Fringing Supervisor to join their production team. This is an incredibly exciting period of time for the Moon as we progress through a period of intense growth.
The Mending Supervisor is a key role, with accountability for overseeing the day-to-day operation of the Mending department and Fringing operation, to ensure that tasks are completed efficiently.
Collaboration between the Mending Supervisor, Wet Finishing Supervisor and Dry Finishing Supervisor is paramount to the success of the department and is a key aspect of the role.
The Mending Supervisor’s role is to:
- Provide support and guidance to employees working within the Mending and Fringing departments, remaining visible and on-hand to resolve issues and queries.
- Ensure Mending and Fringing employees are trained and competent.
- Proactively work towards creating a multi-skilled workforce.
- Dual ownership (alongside the Finishing Manager) for workforce planning to maintain efficient production throughout the Mending and Fringing departments.
- Oversee the day-to-day tasks and proactively guide and direct employees.
- Maintain complete and accurate inventory control.
Skills & Experience
This role requires competence within the area of textile Mending and Fringing, however, we are also keen to recruit a supervisor who has a passion to learn and develop and brings an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
Attention to detail is vital in order to deliver the quality that we and our customers expect.
There is an operational aspect to the role and the supervisor should be equipped and prepared to carry out all Mending and Fringing tasks, such as:
- Mending using tables and perching.
- Planning work onto the tables/perching by the due date.
- Organising storage of the pieces both before and after Mending and Fringing.
- Planning work into Scouring with Wet finishing Supervisor.
Applying initiative is crucial in ensuring any hands-on work undertaken by the supervisor facilitates efficiency within the department.
Safety is hugely important at Abraham Moon & Sons. We are proud of our impressive machinery, but it also comes with risks, so anyone working within our Mill must have a safety-first attitude at all times.
Your primary role is a Mending Supervisor, but we will also expect you to work towards being multi-skilled within the Finishing department so that you can grow and develop with Moons.
Being a team player is also really important, as you are playing a key role within a wider production process. It’s amazing to watch the journey as sheep wool becomes a beautiful piece of woven fabric and we need every person within the process to play their part.
Working at Moon
We are an international brand with a long-standing reputation for innovation, design and premium quality, producing authentic wool fabrics and accessories for leading fashion brands and interior designers worldwide.
As one of the select few in the UK who can perform all processes at a single site, we boast remarkable versatility and the ability to control each process to meet our exacting standards. Each of these processes requires incredible expertise and finesse, which is where our fantastic, diverse team come into play who champion a culture that encourages leadership, creativity, innovation, and learning, interacting as one team, irrespective of position or level.
Even after almost two centuries in business, we remain incredibly ambitious with big plans for growth and expansion. End-to-end technology integration, growing new routes to market, and increasing brand awareness are just some of the exciting new projects in the pipeline, with plenty more to come.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to our careers team using the button below. If you have any further questions, please contact our HR team at email@example.com.