Yarn Store Operative (Double Days)
Abraham Moon & Sons is looking for an energetic and hard-working Yarn Store Operative to join their busy yarn preparation team.
Within this role, you will work as part of a team providing an efficient service within yarn preparation with the goal of maximising operating efficiencies.
- Locating into yarn store stock of internally made yarn.
- Offloading deliveries from external providers and placing in the Yarn Store under the correct location – completing all necessary paperwork.
- Ensuring the Warping-Weaving departments have enough yarn for each run, using the job sheet information to collect the yarn from its location and booking it through the Reflex system.
- Returning residue stock into correct locations.
- Ensuring batches are aligned to ensure no colour changes of cloth.
- Ensuring enough white yarn for Dyehouse.
- Ensuring all the tubs-tins from the Winding are logged into the yarn store, then to be located into stock.
- Each Yarn Store Operative has their individual duties, but support each other in all roles.
Skills and Experience
- Computer literate
- Ride on lifter (or FLT) experience
- Physically fit
- Good time management
- Ability to work on own or as part of a team
Safety is hugely important at Abraham Moon & Sons. We are proud of our impressive machinery, but it also comes with risks, and so anyone working within our Mill must always have a safety-first attitude.
Being a team player is also really important, as you are playing a key role within a wider production process. It’s amazing to watch the journey as sheep wool becomes a beautiful piece of woven fabric and we need every person within the process to play their part.
We are an international brand with a long-standing reputation for innovation, design and premium quality, producing authentic wool fabrics and accessories for leading fashion brands and interior designers worldwide.
As one of the select few in the UK who can perform all processes at a single site, we boast remarkable versatility and the ability to control each process to meet our exacting standards. Each of these processes requires incredible expertise and finesse, which is where our fantastic, diverse team come into play who champion a culture that encourages leadership, creativity, innovation, and learning, interacting as one team, irrespective of position or level.
Even after almost two centuries in business, we remain incredibly ambitious with big plans for growth and expansion. End-to-end technology integration, growing new routes to market, and increasing brand awareness are just some of the exciting new projects in the pipeline, with plenty more to come.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to our careers team using the button below. If you have any further questions, please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.