Yarn Shift Manager (2pm to 10pm)
Abraham Moon & Sons is looking for a Yarn Shift Manager with demonstrable experience in team leadership - to coordinate and manage yarn production at our vertical woollen mill in Guiseley during their set shift hours between 2pm and 10pm.
The successful candidate will be expected to manage all aspects of Health & Safety, quality, service and costing within yarn production areas - ensuring that yarns are manufactured to exacting standards, using correct quantities, within stated deadlines. This role will include managing the yarn production team and reporting performance and key performance indicators for the yarn production department.
- Ensure deadlines are monitored throughout the department and actions taken to ensure they are met.
- Create and execute production plans to deliver against customer requirements.
- Communicate changes to the plans to ensure all stakeholders understand the current status.
- Uphold the Moon values through leading by example and managing your team through them.
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of your teams through the completion of risk assessments, implementation of actions and monitoring of compliance.
- To monitor production metrics such as efficiency, scrap, cost and lead-time.
- To plan training activities to ensure your teams have the requisite skills and knowledge to perform their duties, keeping the training matrix up to date and relevant.
- To create, brief and monitor Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all tasks which will ensure tasks are undertaken in a safe, quality-focused and consistent manner.
- To complete audits of the workplace to ensure the production areas are safe and clean.
- To investigate accidents and near misses, identifying root causes and implementing corrective action to continually improve the safety of the site.
- To monitor spend across labour and materials and take actions which improve cost levels.
- Contribute to the planned maintenance schedule ensuring that planned maintenance activities are optimized for efficiency.
- Provide monthly reports on the performance of your shift, referencing area KPIs.
- Contribute to the criticality plan for asset parts to reduce overall breakdowns.
- Complete daily briefings and communication sessions with teams.
- Monitor, plan and implement improvements in housekeeping and 5S.
- Ensure the department has a focus on continuous improvement in all aspects of Visual Management, Focused Improvement, Teamwork, 5S, Asset Care, Quality, EH&S and Single-piece flow.
- 2/3 years’ experience at team leader level in FMCG.
- Be able to demonstrate successful management of teams.
- Excellent communicator.
- IT Literate.
- Understanding of safety and Quality.
- Team player.
- Yellow belt in lean six sigma.
- Provides input and direction to the one-year strategy always working one year in advance.
- Aligning the functional goals with the company direction.
- Ensuring that their plans for the next three to six months match the function goals including adequate resourcing to undertake these.
- Using problem-solving skills, when necessary, track the department's performance using KPIs and regular meetings with the team.
- Ensure the department aim to continually improve by monitoring and reviewing processes.
- Does not participate in issues that should be resolved by others.
- Can assimilate and change department direction should business information change.
- Building relationships with and managing key stakeholders within and outside of own department.
Active leadership and the delivery of a one-year plan:
- Collaborate with peers to ensure 'buy-in.
- Use effective information to track progress.
- Share true information regularly to encourage honest discussions.
- Manifest inclusivity in your leadership style.
- Give and receive regular constructive feedback.
- Reflect and lead on company culture, living our company values every day.
- Only engage in adult-adult style relationships.
- Influence the engagement of peers and own team.
People development and succession management:
- Strive to get the best out of your direct reports.
- Provide coaching and stretch projects for employees' growth.
- Ensure that each member of your team has been cross-trained for personal development and departmental reasons.
- Buddy employees up for sharing information and skills and readying for change.
- Actively manage poor performance within procedural parameters.
- Recognise work well done and provide recognition.
- Recognise those employees who show high potential and are ready for their next move, providing support where required.
Making decisions within a customer-centric framework:
- Understand how your decisions affect cross-functional areas and their dependencies.
- Exercise sound judgment when making decisions.
- Manage and communicate with stakeholders.
- Keep the customer at the centre of the decisions you make.
- Meet with your team as regularly as possible to discuss issues and opportunities for solutions.
- Understand consultation and what you should share.
- Identify the best solution to issues when faced with multiple options.
We are an international brand with a long-standing reputation for innovation, design and premium quality, producing authentic wool fabrics and accessories for leading fashion brands and interior designers worldwide.
As one of the select few in the UK who can perform all processes at a single site, we boast remarkable versatility and the ability to control each process to meet our exacting standards. Each of these processes requires incredible expertise and finesse, which is where our fantastic, diverse team come into play who champion a culture that encourages leadership, creativity, innovation, and learning, interacting as one team, irrespective of position or level.
Even after almost two centuries in business, we remain incredibly ambitious with big plans for growth and expansion. End-to-end technology integration, growing new routes to market, and increasing brand awareness are just some of the exciting new projects in the pipeline, with plenty more to come.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to our careers team using the button below. If you have any further questions, please contact our HR team at email@example.com.