Weaver (Double-Day Shift)
Abraham Moon & Sons is looking for a Weaver to join our production team, to provide an efficient service within our weaving department and support operating efficiencies at our vertical woollen mill in Guiseley.
- To ensure that loom down time is kept to a minimum through the efficient management of weft changes and piece felling/weaving, by working with weavers to reduce downtime.
- To inspect and book in pieces through the Greasy Perch, ensure any issues are reported and checked on loom.
- To ensure the weaving and surrounding areas are always kept clean.
- To transport inspected pieces to mending with the safe use of the lift.
- To share responsibility of departmental recycling through the use of the compactor.
- Understand peg plans, drafts, and shaft positions.
- To ensure that machines are operated at their optimum speed and efficiency.
- To assist the company in the high quality of woven fabrics, by ensuring that the production of second quality goods is kept to a minimum.
- To patrol the looms looking for quality issues to reduce long running faults.
- Assisting the Cloth Production Manager in the identification and rectification of quality problems.
- To assist in the maintenance of a safe working environment through the strict adherence to company health and safety rules and procedures.
- To understand the basics of weaving by working with the set weavers.
- Ensuring that machines are only operated in line with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Ensuring that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained, with particular emphasis and notice taken of oil grease and warp lubricant spillages.
Attributes and Experience:
- Attention to detail.
- Good literacy/numeracy skills.
- Excellent timekeeping.
- Full capacity to recognise and distinguish between different colours.
- Good dexterity and experience with yarn qualities.
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement within a production environment.
We are an international brand with a long-standing reputation for innovation, design and premium quality, producing authentic wool fabrics and accessories for leading fashion brands and interior designers worldwide.
As one of the select few in the UK who can perform all processes at a single site, we boast remarkable versatility and the ability to control each process to meet our exacting standards. Each of these processes requires incredible expertise and finesse, which is where our fantastic, diverse team come into play who champion a culture that encourages leadership, creativity, innovation, and learning, interacting as one team, irrespective of position or level.
Even after almost two centuries in business, we remain incredibly ambitious with big plans for growth and expansion. End-to-end technology integration, growing new routes to market, and increasing brand awareness are just some of the exciting new projects in the pipeline, with plenty more to come.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to our careers team using the button below. If you have any further questions, please contact our HR team at email@example.com.