Textile Loom Technician/Tuner
Reporting to the Cloth Production Manager, the successful candidate will work as part of a team providing an efficient service within the weaving department with the purpose of maximising weaving and other operating efficiencies.
- To ensure that loom down time is kept to a minimum through the efficient management of job changes, by working with twisters to reduce downtime.
- Where a job or gear change is required, it will be important to ensure that the tie-on is satisfactorily completed and the job pulled through and checked as necessary.
- Understand peg plans, drafts and setting temples, yarn pick up, shed timings.
- Assistance with beam installation and the tie in procedure.
- Programming of new job changes.
- To ensure that machines are operated at their optimum speed and efficiency.
- To assist the company in the high quality of woven fabrics, by ensuring that the production of second quality goods is kept to a minimum.
- Passing off the first piece of all new jobs. This will particularly include ensuring that the picks per inch, weave, width and weft colours are as specified on the weaving tickets or match the passing sample.
- Assisting the Cloth Production Manager in the identification and rectification of weaving quality problems.
- To assist in the maintenance of a safe working environment through the strict adherence to company health and safety rules and procedures.
- Ensuring that all maintenance, repair and lubrication is carried out when the looms are at a standstill.
- Ensuring that machines are only operated in line with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Ensuring that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained, with particular emphasis and notice taken of oil grease and warp lubricant spillages.
- Using Genkinger lifting machine when moving beams to and from the looms.
- Able to understand and change the electromagnetic clutch brake unit.
Key Skills and Qualities
- Attention to detail.
- Good literacy/numeracy skills.
- Excellent timekeeping.
- Full capacity to recognise and distinguish between different colours.
- Prior experience as a loom tuner is required, preferably using Dornier looms.
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement within a production environment.
Who We Want
- Hungry – we want you to commit to working hard, have a burning desire to achieve your goals and are willing to put in the effort and dedication to make them a reality.
- Humble – we want you to recognise your strengths while staying open to learning, growing and acknowledging the contribution of others.
- Smart – we want you to be honest and inclusive and respectful of others, value diversity and foster a sense of belonging for everyone.
Working at MOON
We are an international brand with a long-standing reputation for innovation, design and premium quality, producing authentic wool fabrics and accessories for leading fashion brands and interior designers worldwide.
As one of the select few in the UK who can perform all processes at a single site, we boast remarkable versatility and the ability to control each process to meet our exacting standards. Each of these processes requires incredible expertise and finesse, which is where our fantastic, diverse team come into play who champion a culture that encourages leadership, creativity, innovation, and learning, interacting as one team, irrespective of position or level.
Even after almost two centuries in business, we remain incredibly ambitious with big plans for growth and expansion. End-to-end technology integration, growing new routes to market, and increasing brand awareness are just some of the exciting new projects in the pipeline, with plenty more to come.
Benefits of working at MOON
Our employees are at the heart of everything we do. If successful, you will join a passionate and skilled team playing a key role in our fully vertical mill, working for an international brand with a long-standing reputation for innovation, design and premium quality. You will be producing authentic wool fabrics and accessories for leading fashion brands and interior designers worldwide.
- £17.89 hourly salary rate
- A safe working environment.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Bonus opportunities.
- Product discount – up to 50%.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Additional overtime available for those who want to do it.
- Life Assurance which may be paid to a chosen benefactor in the event of your death.
- Long service awards.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Health & wellbeing support, including an employee assistance programme providing you with free around-the-clock mental health support.
- Company sick pay.
- Free tea and coffee whilst at work.
- Workwear provided.
- Local gym membership discount.
- An active social club with events throughout the year.
- Free onsite parking.
- 3-minute walk from Guiseley train station.
- Most importantly, it’s a brilliant place to work with a great team and friendly colleagues!
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to our careers team using the button below. If you have any further questions, please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.