Spinning Machine Operative
Abraham Moon & Sons is seeking an efficient and hard-working team member to join their Carding department. This role will work as part of a team - providing an efficient service within the Carding department with the goal of maximising operating efficiencies while maintaining the highest standards of yarn quality.
- Operating Spinning machinery. Main day to day duties include loading, setting in and changing carded bobbins, piecing ends, doffing, changing travellers, replenishing ring oil and weighing and filling in doff tickets.
- Work efficiently and effectively to meet production targets.
- Maintain a safe working environment through the strict adherence to company
health and safety rules and procedures.
- Perform daily quality checks to maintain production of the highest quality yarn.
- Effectively communicate any quality concerns to the supervisor.
- Ensure that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained.
- Ensuring that all cleaning and lubrication is carried out when the machines are at a
- Assist department supervisors and manager when required.
- Provide absence cover for yarn production operatives when necessary.
- Provide training for trainees and less experienced members of the team.
Skills & Experience
- Relevant attributes and experience.
- Attention to detail.
- An excellent understanding of Health & Safety rules.
- The ability to work under your own initiative or as part of a team.
- Excellent timekeeping.
- Full capacity to recognise and distinguish different colours.
- An understanding of continuous improvement within a production environment.
We are an international brand with a long-standing reputation for innovation, design and premium quality, producing authentic wool fabrics and accessories for leading fashion brands and interior designers worldwide.
As one of the select few in the UK who can perform all processes at a single site, we boast remarkable versatility and the ability to control each process to meet our exacting standards. Each of these processes requires incredible expertise and finesse, which is where our fantastic, diverse team come into play who champion a culture that encourages leadership, creativity, innovation, and learning, interacting as one team, irrespective of position or level.
Even after almost two centuries in business, we remain incredibly ambitious with big plans for growth and expansion. End-to-end technology integration, growing new routes to market, and increasing brand awareness are just some of the exciting new projects in the pipeline, with plenty more to come.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to our careers team using the button below. If you have any further questions, please contact our HR team at email@example.com.