To work as part of a team providing an efficient service within our production department with the purpose of maximising quality and other operating efficiencies.
- Work in a safe manner observing all requirements of risk assessments and safe systems of work, including wearing of PPE
- Maintain high levels of housekeeping through regular area cleaning and deep /machine cleaning
- Conduct basic machine maintenance tasks such as lubrication, condition monitoring etc.
- Produce high quality fabric which is processed in line with quality specifications
- Multi-skill on other wet finishing tasks including Scouring, Tenter, Raising and Wet Brushing
- Train other members of staff to ensure sharing of best practice
- Operating De-Twisting of pieces from Scouring before going into Tenter
- Move all wet pieces (in the tubs) to and from various locations within the Wet finishing
- Ensure the priority worklist is followed to delivery fabric on time and as required
- Ensure all pieces are presented in the correct format to the next department
- Safely handle chemicals in line with risk assessments
- Report poor quality / damaged pieces to the Finishing Manager/Finishing Technician
- Work with the rest of the team to ensure an efficiency and effective dept.
- Assist with the entry of pieces onto Reflex system in line with instructions
Skills and Experience
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team
- Good manual handling operations
- Good eye for detail
- IT experience
- Good understanding of numbers
- Quality – Ability to identify problems and resolve them effectively.
- Communication – Understands clear instructions and shares information with others.
- Working With Others – Participates willingly in a team.
- Improving the Business – Seeks to make positive change and gives ideas for improvement.
- Commercial Acumen - Aware of how role and dept. contribute to the business.
- Organising work - Sticks to and meets given priorities/deadlines.
- Can Do approach - Willing, helpful, and positive approach to work.
- Openness and Integrity - Shows respect for others and acts with good intent and honesty.
Safety is hugely important at Abraham Moon & Sons. We are proud of our impressive machinery, but it also comes with risks, and so anyone working within our Mill must always have a safety-first attitude.
Being a team player is also really important, as you are playing a key role within a wider production process. It’s amazing to watch the journey as sheep wool becomes a beautiful piece of woven fabric and we need every person within the process to play their part.
We are an international brand with a long-standing reputation for innovation, design and premium quality, producing authentic wool fabrics and accessories for leading fashion brands and interior designers worldwide.
As one of the select few in the UK who can perform all processes at a single site, we boast remarkable versatility and the ability to control each process to meet our exacting standards. Each of these processes requires incredible expertise and finesse, which is where our fantastic, diverse team come into play who champion a culture that encourages leadership, creativity, innovation, and learning, interacting as one team, irrespective of position or level.
Even after almost two centuries in business, we remain incredibly ambitious with big plans for growth and expansion. End-to-end technology integration, growing new routes to market, and increasing brand awareness are just some of the exciting new projects in the pipeline, with plenty more to come.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to our careers team using the button below. If you have any further questions, please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.