Abraham Moon & Sons are looking for a Loom Gaitor to join their production team.
Reporting to the Cloth Production Manager, the Loom Gaitor will work as part of the cloth production team within the weaving department - maximising weaving and other operating efficiencies.
- Weaving any looms deemed necessary (cover for weavers).
- Lifting gears in and out of the loom ready for the Tuners.
- Lease out and prepare the loom for the next warp.
- Cleaning machines when gear changes as and when required (cover).
- Starting machines, monitoring operations to detect faults, and ensuring faults are rectified in a timely manner, e.g. warp and weft faults. Informing the Manager or Tuner if there is a major fault issue.
- To assist the company in the high quality of woven fabrics by ensuring that the production of second-quality goods is kept to a minimum.
- To assist in the maintenance of a safe working environment through strict adherence to company health and safety rules and procedures:
- Ensuring that machines are only operated in line with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Ensuring that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained, with particular emphasis and notice taken of oil grease and warp lubricant spillages.
- Other duties which are deemed suitable by the weaving manager and team leaders
Skills & Competencies
- Attention to detail.
- Good literacy/numeracy skills.
- Excellent timekeeping.
- Full capacity to recognize and distinguish between different colours.
- Quality – Ability to identify problems and resolve them effectively
- Communication – Understands clear instructions
- Working With Others – Participates willingly in a team
- Improving the Business – Actively seeks to understand change
- Commercial Acumen - Aware of basic understanding and requirements of the business
- Organizing Work/Time - Sticks to and meets given priorities/deadlines
- Can Do approach - Willing, helpful, and positive approach to work
- Openness and Integrity - Shows respect for others
We are an international brand with a long-standing reputation for innovation, design and premium quality, producing authentic wool fabrics and accessories for leading fashion brands and interior designers worldwide.
As one of the select few in the UK who can perform all processes at a single site, we boast remarkable versatility and the ability to control each process to meet our exacting standards. Each of these processes requires incredible expertise and finesse, which is where our fantastic, diverse team come into play who champion a culture that encourages leadership, creativity, innovation, and learning, interacting as one team, irrespective of position or level.
Even after almost two centuries in business, we remain incredibly ambitious with big plans for growth and expansion. End-to-end technology integration, growing new routes to market, and increasing brand awareness are just some of the exciting new projects in the pipeline, with plenty more to come.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to our careers team using the button below. If you have any further questions, please contact our HR team at email@example.com.