Intermediate Perching Operative - Day Shift
Abraham Moon & Sons is looking for a careful and detailed Intermediate Perching Operative to work closely with the Cloth Production Manager to ensure issues are managed in a timely manner.
- Comply with Health and Safety requirements including wearing role-specific PPE to include mask and safety boots.
- To inspect various grades of fabric and recognise faults.
- To adhere to specific operating procedures and manufacturing instructions which are provided for all departments and work stations.
- Effective communication in both written and verbal form, within the team and interdepartmental.
- Provide operational cover for absence/holidays across all shift patterns.
- Assist with training of new team members in product quality requirements so KPIs are maintained to target levels.
- To maintain a safe working environment whilst following all relevant procedures and maintain a high standard of housekeeping.
- Inspection of fabric and removal of contamination.
- Cross-train on other production machinery.
- Help with the salvage bobbing winding.
- Help keep the weaving department clean and tidy.
Skills & Experience
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team.
- This is a manual role, so you need to be physically strong and able to use manual handling techniques.
- A good eye for detail ( a colour blind test will be part of the interview process).
- Quality – Ability to identify problems and resolve them effectively.
- Communication – Understands clear instructions.f
- Working With Others – Participates willingly in a team.
- • Improving the Business – Actively seeks to understand change.
- Commercial Acumen - Aware of basic understanding and requirements of the business.
- Organising Work/Time - Sticks to and meets given priorities/deadlines.
- Can-Do approach - Willing, helpful and positive approach to work.
- Openness and Integrity - Shows respect for others.
We are an international brand with a long-standing reputation for innovation, design and premium quality, producing authentic wool fabrics and accessories for leading fashion brands and interior designers worldwide.
As one of the select few in the UK who can perform all processes at a single site, we boast remarkable versatility and the ability to control each process to meet our exacting standards. Each of these processes requires incredible expertise and finesse, which is where our fantastic, diverse team come into play who champion a culture that encourages leadership, creativity, innovation, and learning, interacting as one team, irrespective of position or level.
Even after almost two centuries in business, we remain incredibly ambitious with big plans for growth and expansion. End-to-end technology integration, growing new routes to market, and increasing brand awareness are just some of the exciting new projects in the pipeline, with plenty more to come.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to our careers team using the button below. If you have any further questions, please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.