Abraham Moon & Sons is looking for an experienced Final Inspector to work closely with the Finishing Manager and Quality Manager to ensure quality issues are managed in a timely manner.
We are looking for a Fabric Cloth Inspector to work with our Dry Finishing team to ensure that our textile products are compliant and within our high specifications.
This is an exciting time to join us as we continue to grow and look to achieve our ambitious Company plans, during our highest period of growth to date.
More importantly we offer the opportunity to provide a career path where we provide learning through in house training and the progression to grow and achieve your full potential.
- Taking responsibility for the inspection of various grades of woven cloth and checking the quality of our finished product to determine quality.
- Recognise any irregularities, inconsistencies, or incompleteness, for purpose and accuracy.
- Sending any rejected cloth to the right department.
- Measuring the length width, height, and weight of the roll of fabric and putting the data onto a final piece inspection sheet on the computer.
- Helping to develop a culture of compliance and continuous improvement across the site.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
- Computer literate.
- This is a manual role, therefore the successful candidate will use manual handling techniques, lifting up to 25 kilos and above.
- Good basic maths skills. Level C or above is preferred.
- The ability to work on your own or as part of a team.
39 hours a week working 2 pm till 10 pm with a shift allowance.
There will also be a colour-blind test as part of the interview process.
We are an international brand with a long-standing reputation for innovation, design and premium quality, producing authentic wool fabrics and accessories for leading fashion brands and interior designers worldwide.
As one of the select few in the UK who can perform all processes at a single site, we boast remarkable versatility and the ability to control each process to meet our exacting standards. Each of these processes requires incredible expertise and finesse, which is where our fantastic, diverse team come into play who champion a culture that encourages leadership, creativity, innovation, and learning, interacting as one team, irrespective of position or level.
Even after almost two centuries in business, we remain incredibly ambitious with big plans for growth and expansion. End-to-end technology integration, growing new routes to market, and increasing brand awareness are just some of the exciting new projects in the pipeline, with plenty more to come.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to our careers team using the button below. If you have any further questions, please contact our HR team at email@example.com.