Blending Operative (2pm to 10pm)
Abraham Moon & Sons is looking for a Blending Operative to join our team to support efficient service within the dye-house and blending department at our vertical woollen mill in Guiseley.
- To ensure that blending down time is kept to a minimum through the efficient management of job changes, by working with team to reduce downtime.
- Ensure the cleaning of equipment is done in an efficient and safe practice.
- To manage recycled waste throughout the site, including dispatch of bales.
- To ensure that machines are operated at their optimum speed and efficiency.
- To assist the company in the high quality of products, by ensuring that the production of second quality goods is kept to a minimum.
- To assist in the maintenance of a safe working environment through the strict adherence to company health and safety rules and procedures.
- Ensuring that all maintenance, repair and lubrication is carried out when equipment are at a standstill and locked out.
- Ensuring that machines are only operated in line with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Ensuring that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained, with particular emphasis and notice taken of oil grease and lubricant spillages.
- Operate and develop new knitting line project.
- Have a working knowledge of blend recipes and shade approval.
Attributes and Experience:
- Attention to detail.
- Good literacy/numeracy skills.
- Excellent timekeeping.
- FLT Licence.
- Full capacity to recognise and distinguish between different colours.
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement within a production environment.
We are an international brand with a long-standing reputation for innovation, design and premium quality, producing authentic wool fabrics and accessories for leading fashion brands and interior designers worldwide.
As one of the select few in the UK who can perform all processes at a single site, we boast remarkable versatility and the ability to control each process to meet our exacting standards. Each of these processes requires incredible expertise and finesse, which is where our fantastic, diverse team come into play who champion a culture that encourages leadership, creativity, innovation, and learning, interacting as one team, irrespective of position or level.
Even after almost two centuries in business, we remain incredibly ambitious with big plans for growth and expansion. End-to-end technology integration, growing new routes to market, and increasing brand awareness are just some of the exciting new projects in the pipeline, with plenty more to come.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to our careers team using the button below. If you have any further questions, please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.