Abraham Moon & Sons are looking for a hard-working and organised team member to join their accessories department.
The Accessories department is responsible for the processing and packing of throws, scarves, stoles, cushions etc. Working closely with the Accessories Supervisor to ensure accuracy and delivery in a timely manner.
- Abide by all current Health & Safety Regulations, as directed by the company policy.
- Receipt/inspection of items that have been processed by slitting machine.
- Check the weave is going one way, not different ways – normally to the right.
- Folding to ensure fringing in line. Cut any excess lengths of fringing.
- Continuing to fold as per customer requirements.
- Get the piece end number from the department card system and add the card description before
putting in stock or out to the customer.
- Packing from the picking sheet which has already been through picking, folding and machinist
- Ensuring that accessory items are refolded and packed in the correct way ready for distribution.
The type of packaging used depends on the customer's requirements. Usually packed into plastic
bags or into pre-prepared cardboard boxes.
- Labelling the product to the customers’ requirements.
- Application of embroidery of product to customer specifications (if applicable) from a set program.
- The successful candidate may be involved in performing quality control checks.
- The successful candidate may be required to operate computers to check records and/or print labels.
- The successful candidate will need to learn all product designs to ensure the accuracy of packing.
- Ensure product is packed for shows/exhibitions.
- Other duties as deemed part of the role.
Key Skills Necessary:
- Good colour vision (the successful candidate will be required to pass a colour blindness test).
- Basic IT skills are desirable.
- Must be punctual and reliable.
- Have high attention to detail.
- Be adaptable to help/cover in other departments where necessary.
- Have good interpersonal abilities.
- Be able to complete paperwork.
- Be able to work with a team.
We are an international brand with a long-standing reputation for innovation, design and premium quality, producing authentic wool fabrics and accessories for leading fashion brands and interior designers worldwide.
As one of the select few in the UK who can perform all processes at a single site, we boast remarkable versatility and the ability to control each process to meet our exacting standards. Each of these processes requires incredible expertise and finesse, which is where our fantastic, diverse team come into play who champion a culture that encourages leadership, creativity, innovation, and learning, interacting as one team, irrespective of position or level.
Even after almost two centuries in business, we remain incredibly ambitious with big plans for growth and expansion. End-to-end technology integration, growing new routes to market, and increasing brand awareness are just some of the exciting new projects in the pipeline, with plenty more to come.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to our careers team using the button below. If you have any further questions, please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.