Burler and Mender
Abraham Moon & Sons is looking for an experienced and highly detailed Burler and Mender who is responsible for identifying faults and damages in woven fabric and repairing them to the highest standard required.
- Inspecting woven fabric / fault finding.
- Ascertaining what type of mend is required for each design.
- Mending faults i.e. knots, dropping ends.f
- Using tools in a correct and safe manner.
- Maintaining quality standards.g
- Communicating with the supervisor about any problems that may arise.
- Entering data onto a computer.
- Candidates must have hand sewing skills and good hand to eye coordination.
- Good concentration levels are required due to the fine nature of this work.
- Must be punctual and reliable.
- Must have a methodical approach to new tasks and problems.
- We are looking for a hard-working individual who takes a proactive approach to their work and has a high attention to detail.
- Quality - The ability to identify problems and resolve them effectively.
- Communication - Understands clear instructions.
- Working with others - participates willingly within team.
- Improving the business - Actively seeks to understand change.
- Commercial acumen - Has a basic understanding of the requirements of the business.
- Organising work/time - Sticks to and meets given priorities/deadlines.
- Can do approach - Willing, helpful and positive in their approach to work.
- Openness and integrity - Shows respect for others.
We are an international brand with a long-standing reputation for innovation, design and premium quality, producing authentic wool fabrics and accessories for leading fashion brands and interior designers worldwide.
As one of the select few in the UK who can perform all processes at a single site, we boast remarkable versatility and the ability to control each process to meet our exacting standards. Each of these processes requires incredible expertise and finesse, which is where our fantastic, diverse team come into play who champion a culture that encourages leadership, creativity, innovation, and learning, interacting as one team, irrespective of position or level.
Even after almost two centuries in business, we remain incredibly ambitious with big plans for growth and expansion. End-to-end technology integration, growing new routes to market, and increasing brand awareness are just some of the exciting new projects in the pipeline, with plenty more to come.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to our careers team using the button below. If you have any further questions, please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.