We have signed the Charter for Employers Positive About Mental Health
We are incredibly pleased to announce that we have officially signed the Charter for Employers Positive About Mental Health.
The Charter was first set up by the Mindful Employer in 2004 and is dedicated to supporting mental health at work through businesses who have declared their commitment by signing the Charter.
At MOON, we have always prided ourselves in our advocacy and passion for mental health and well-being.
From our dedicated in-house team of fully trained Mental Health First Aiders to our Employee Assistance Programme (which offers tailored guidance and 24/7 access to counselling services), we are committed to ensuring that every single one of our employees feel supported both at work, and outside of work hours, where required.
Last month, we were additionally pleased to have had the opportunity to host Andy’s Man Club within our mill, and for additional drop-in sessions for World Mental Health Day; to provide our employees with an all-important safe space for any issues or thoughts they felt comfortable to express.
By signing the Charter, we are publicly declaring our ambitions to supporting our employees’ mental health and well-begin, and our commitments to upholding the following values:
• To provide non-judgemental and proactive support to staff with experience of mental ill-health.
• To avoid making assumptions about a person with a mental health condition and their ability to work.
• To be positive and enabling toward all employees and applicants with a mental health condition.
• To support line managers in managing mental health in the workplace.
• To ensure the fair recruitment of staff in accordance with the Equality Act (2010).
• To make it clear that people who have experience of mental ill-health will not be discriminated against.
Mental health is a human right. 1 in 6 individuals in England alone will suffer from mental ill health at some point in a year, and whilst overall empathy and support have taken great strides over the past few years in businesses especially, a level of stigma remains that still needs to be worked on.
Learn more about the Mindful Employer Charter for Employers Positive About Mental Health at https://www.mindfulemployer.dpt.nhs.uk/.